Thursday, August 2, 2007

MaMas Worries

The other day I found a lump in my left breast. I didn't even mean to, I just happened to have an itch and while I was scratching my fingers felt something not quite right. I called my doctor and they scheduled me for a mammogram to be done on Friday. This brings all sorts of thoughts and scenarios to my thoughts. One minute I'm feeling okay with it all, the next I start to feel a little panicked. All these "what if" questions bombard me. What if its cancerous? What if I have to have chemotherapy and feel sick all the time and even lose my hair? What if I have to have a mastectomy? How will my children handle having a sick mom? I know I'm getting way ahead of myself but I have never really felt this kind of fear before. Not in a million years would I have ever thought I'd feel a lump in my breast. Anything can happen. I'm anxious to get this taken care of and for the doctor to tell me something like "its just some tissue" or something similar. I'm sure this will teach me patience, which I need more of. Hopefully come Friday, my fears will be relieved. -Mindy

No comments: