Monday, August 20, 2007

Kids are off to school.....

Another school year has started. We were up at 7 a.m. The boys, much to my surprise, were already up and ready by then. Kaitlyn woke up easily and was already looking a little bit nervous. We had to peel Miah out of bed, she would of been more than happy to sleep in. She's like her mama that way. :) We all got ready, everyone in their new clothes, I fixed Kaitlyn's hair just so, and we were on our way out. We brought Casey to the middle school first. I had planned on walking him into his classroom, but when we got there he noticed that hardly any other mom was going in the school with their kid. So, the time has come where I had to stay in the car while he got himself to his classroom. What a sad time that was for me, my baby acted like he didn't need me. But, after he went in by himself, I went in just to make sure he made it okay. I was very discreet and he didn't even see me! I felt better to make sure he was were he was suppose to be. Then off to the Elementary school we went. We brought Kaitlyn to her classroom and by that time she was really quiet and almost sick looking. I asked her if she was nervous and she nodded her head yes. I assured her that she will have a great time and I will pick her up at 3 p.m. and she can tell me all about her day. She said "okay Mommy". It was hard to leave her so nervous, but she is in capable hands. At last we brought Brady to his room. I met his teacher and got a good first impression. He seemed very nice and very friendly. We got Brady settled in and then came home. Miah at first acted a little lost, not knowing what to do without her brothers and sister. But she soon overcame that and is now enjoying having Mommy all to herself!

My kids are growing so quickly. I wish time would slow down just a little bit. I realized today that this is the last year I will have a child home with me during the day. Next year my baby starts kindergarten. Wow. I can hardly believe that. So, another year started. Before we know it it will be summer vacation time again! -Mindy

1 comment:

Missy said...

Hey Mindy Lou! I love your blogging abilities! Pretty awesome! I just thought I would pop on here and tell you I think your a wonderful sis. I don't think I tell you that enough and thought I just might let it loose. Your a awesome mom and an awesome person. OK, enough of that! I'll catch you later!
Missy