Monday, October 22, 2007

Fun Times....


Well, I finally succumbed to my stubbornness concerning starting a budget. I put up a good fight I believe. But my own common sense won out and I finally told my husband that, yes, I will sit down with him and work out a budget. That is how I spent my Monday morning. I can definitely think of more enjoyable ways to spend a morning, but what are ya gonna do? Its funny, and not funny ha ha like, but just a Wow! kind of funny, how much debt a person actually realizes they have when its all written down like. I'm now to the point of stressing about how in the world are we are going to manage this, especially with my surgery and Christmas looming before us. So, if you would, please pray for this situation in my family. It really does worry me and I feel like I'm going to collapse under this strain. I keep trying to look in the future of being debt free, but the worries of today make themselves known in almost every thought.


On a brighter note, I'll talk about my kids. Brady had his last football game on Saturday and he received the Best running back award. He was so very proud of himself and it did wonders for his confidence! He loves football and will miss playing until next year. He is such a good boy! Don't get me wrong, he has his moments where I feel like smacking him a good one, but overall he is a caring and considerate boy who has a strong sense of right from wrong. I hope this will carry him through the vastly approaching adolescence years!


Casey, my 12 year old, has been on my proud list lately. He had a real struggle with grades and such and we put our foot down concerning it. We told him he has to get his grades up, or his life as he knows it, will be over. No more football, no more spending time with buddies, no more video games, t.v., anything that is fun until he gets them up. Well, he took as seriously and has managed a turn around with his grades. I'm proud of him and always knew he could do it! He is a bright kid, he proved that to us long ago.


My girls, Kaitlyn and Miah are keeping busy with their school and with playing girlie activities, such as dolls and barbies. They love to play together and miss each other when they are apart. They are good girls, as sweet as can be. God has really blessed me with quite the family. This picture is of them one morning last week when I rounded them up and snapped a shot of them together!


I hope this blog find you all well and enjoying this Autumn season! -Mindy

3 comments:

Robin said...

Hmmm....actually budgeting is kind of like dieting. You can go through life denying you have a weight problem or lying to yourself that you can't do anything about it. But one day you look in the mirror and you just know you have to do it. And you do.
You can do it.

Lisa B. said...

I know its hard to accept that we can't have this or that....but if you really think about it, what do we REALLY need....not as much as we have. Now say that five times really fast.

Andrea said...

Budgets are definitely not on my list of fun things to do...but usually those are the things that need to be done. I will pray for you and your budget. Your kids are adorable. I love them!