Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We miss you Dad....

Today marks the 16th year that my Dad has been gone from this earth. Sixteen years ago today he was killed in an airplane accident. Life changed forever that day. I miss my dad, I wish my kids could have known him. I think back to him, and wonder what he would have thought about all that has become of his family. I really think he would of been proud to be a Grandpa of sixteen grandchildren and a Great Grandpa of one. He would of loved to watch them grow and I believe he would of put aside his "workaholic" ways and spent as much time with them as he could. My dad was a strong man. Not only physically, but spiritually as well. Once he became a Christian, and i only knew him as such, he put his faith ahead of everything. We were always in church, we always prayed, he always made it clear that it was expected for his family to be Christians. No, he wasn't perfect, he had his struggles and trials like all of us do, but he was a strong man. I love my dad. I miss my dad. I wish my dad was still with us. I know we will see him again some day. And my kids will finally meet Grandpa Jim. -Mindy

3 comments:

Robin said...

I miss him too... but I would never ask him to come back from where he is. Someday we will all be together again!

Andrea said...

Even though I only have one clear memory of Grandpa, I miss him. I think more than anything I miss the thought of knowing him well and having those special moments with him. But as I grow older I realize that our lives are testaments to him and that he is proud.

Anonymous said...

I aam sorry for loss of your father. From all I have heard, he was a great man!

I love the blog! I am excited for the kids teachers this year. They both seem to have funny teachers! The kids love their teachers too, so that is always a blessing.

take care! april