Friday, November 9, 2007

On the road to recovery....

It's done. My surgery was done Tuesday morning. I'm back at home now trying to get back to normal. Everything went well, no major complications, thank goodness. I do have quite a lot of pain and I move like a turtle, but that is getting better with each day. I can't take the prescribed pain medicine as it makes me entirely too sick feeling. So I take some Advil and bear with it. I would rather feel the pain other than to feel dizzy and nauseous so terribly bad. I'm anxious for things to get back to normal to where I can take care of my family and my home and not lay around so much. It will come, they say. I try and do doctor's orders but I find it hard to be so lazy! Anyway, I'm happy the surgeries over and I can put it behind me.

I have yet another proud parent blog to share with you. We had Kaitlyn's parent/teachers conference last night and she received a glowing report! Her teacher told us that Kaitlyn is her favorite, but don't tell anyone. LOL . I wonder how many other parents heard that as well! None the less, it made me proud. She is at the very top of her class with reading and she can read at a third grade level. Pretty good for a first grader, huh? Her other subjects are extraordinary as well. She is such a good student. I asked her teacher if she has any problems at all, and I got the reply, " well, there is one problem". I asked what and she jokingly said that she has to ask Kaitlyn not to work so hard. So I guess that means no problems! She does really well. Brady conference went well too, he is a bright kid. His reading and grammar and spelling are extraordinary as well and he has no problems with his work. His argumentative nature was brought up though. I told his teacher we deal with that as well. That's Brady for you, he will get done what he was asked, but has to put up argument first. All in all, the conference went well.

Hope you all have a great weekend! -Mindy

1 comment:

Tara said...

Glad to hear you're doing well and the surgery is done! Loved the updates on the kiddos. I miss you all!!!